- Activating Your Account
- Logging into the Visible Alpha Inbox
- Your Inbox
- Configuring your Inbox and creating filters
- Setting up email digests and real-time alerts
- Uploading a watchlist
- Using the Inbox
- Searching for content
- Personal briefcase and company RMS
- Activity Log – tracking research consumption
Once you activate your account, you will receive an email welcoming you to the Visible Alpha Inbox and prompting you to set up your password.
Click on the provided link and follow the steps to set up your password.
To log into Visible Alpha Inbox, complete the following steps:
- Go to https://inbox.visiblealpha.com
- Log in with your corporate email address and your password
- If you forgot your password, reset it by clicking 'Forgot Password?'
Once you log in, you will land on the homepage for your Inbox. On this page, you can access relevant content across research, models and events.
On the left-hand side, you will find a panel containing shortcuts to:
- Shared with Me – a repository of all the content your colleagues have shared with you
- My Briefcase – reports and/or events you save will be stored here
- My Filters – a selection of saved preferences and views to customize your Inbox feed
- and Saved Searches
Using the search bar at the top of the page, you can search across Tickers, analysts and research providers.
The main view on the homepage is where you can access all the content from your approved and entitled brokers. You can toggle between the tabs on the top (All, Research or Events) to view specific content sets.
The default setting for Inbox is to display all of the content (Research and Events) you are entitled to.
You can hone in on the content you find most meaningful by customizing your feed to your specific research interests through the creation of filters.
- Click Filters in the top right-hand corner to expand the filter panel
- Select the preferred parameters: tickers, research providers, asset classes, sectors and/or any of your pre-uploaded Watchlists (more on Watchlists below)
- Once you set a parameter, it will appear under Active Filters
- To save the filter, provide a Filter Name and click on 'Save as New Filter' on the bottom right
- The filter will now be accessible from your shortcuts panel
- You can create multiple filters to easily be able to toggle between specific content sets
With the Visible Alpha Inbox, you can set up daily email digests and/or real-time alerts to stay informed on any new content published under your pre-set filters This allows you to surface meaningful insights quicker than ever!
To configure your email-digests:
- Click on your user profile in the top right of your Dashboard
2. Select ‘Settings’ and then ‘Email Digests’
3. Activate the digest for any of your filters by ticking the box next to the filter
4. Select the digest frequency (daily or specific days of the week) and the time you would like it to be delivered
To configure your real-time alerts
1. Repeat steps 1-3 above
2. Under 'Frequency of Delivery' select 'Real time' and click on save.
With Visible Alpha Inbox, you can upload multiple Watchlists. Once loaded into the platform, you can utilize them to customize your Inbox feed and set filters.
To upload a watchlist, click on 'My Interests' at the bottom of the shortcuts panel.
This will take you to the 'My Watchlists' screen.
- Click on 'Add New'
- Give the watchlist a name under 'Watchlist Title'
- Start typing in a company or ticker, and select them one by one from the dropdown, OR
- Upload a list of Bloomberg Tickers (e.g. AAPL US), SEDOL or ISIN identifiers and 'Save As' a .CSV
- Click Save Changes to save the Watchlist.
- Repeat this process to upload another Watchlist.
To surface the most meaningful content, select one of the pre-set filters saved in your shortcuts panel on the left-hand side under My Filters. Relevant results will load in the feed.
In the default view, toggle between the tabs along the top to view content across:
- Events and Research – ALL tab
- Research only – RESEARCH tab
- Events only – EVENTS tab
Selecting the RESEARCH tab, for example, will display research reports in your Inbox in the reverse chronological order (newest report on top). You can quickly see basic information about each report, including the research provider, report title, date published, tagged tickers, report type and number of pages.
Clicking anywhere in the research tile will open a panel on the right-hand side, giving you the full synopsis of the selected report and an opportunity to collaborate with colleagues by leaving comments.
Click on the “hamburger” icon on the research tile to save a report to your Personal Briefcase or Company RMS, to print or download, or to share with the company or specific teams.
To bulk download a number of reports, select each report that is of interest using the checkbox on the left and click the "Download" icon on the top right of your Inbox.
To view a report in its entirety, click on the report title. The report will open within the platform.
Each report can be rated on a scale of 1-5 stars, depending on your review of its value, relevance and quality. Once the rating has been applied, the stars will be marked in blue.
Please note that your rating of the report will only be shared internally within your organization (never with the research providers directly).
You can continue to collaborate with your colleagues and internal teams by leaving a comment on the report.
Using the buttons on the top right, you can save the report to the Company RMS or your Personal Briefcase, or share the report with your company or specific teams.
- Personal briefcase is your privately stored content
- Company RMS saves your report to the company briefcase (but will only be visible to those who have entitlements to view the report).
To add another layer of granularity to your existing filters, you can search the contents of the Inbox for a specific keyword or phrase. You can conduct this search across the Title, Synopsis and/or body of the Document.
To do this:
1. Select what part of the report you wish to search across by selecting your search fields from the drop-down.
2. Enter your keyword/phrase into the search box and click on the magnifying glass icon to search.
3. The content displayed in your Inbox will now match your given search and filters.
In the search bar, type in the Company or Ticker.
Click on the Company or Ticker when it appears in the drop-down.
You will then be directed to the ticker profile page, which gives you a holistic view of all content about that stock. This includes the latest research reports from a variety of research providers, internal research, events and models. Click on the appropriate tab to view each of these content sets.
Quickly view latest industry events related to the ticker.
View and download models on the company.
To download a model, click on the Excel file link on the right-hand side.
In the search bar, type in the name of the research provider.
You will then be directed to the research provider’s profile page, where you can see:
- Whether you are entitled to view the provider’s content
- The provider’s latest research The provider’s latest events (under the Events tab)
Each research report or event you find in your Inbox feed can be saved to your Personal Briefcase or your company’s Research Management System (RMS).
You can save a report directly from your Inbox or from the report screen as illustrated below.
To view items saved in your Personal Briefcase, click on My Briefcase in the shortcuts panel.
Your Inbox view will load all the research reports/events you have saved there. You can quickly surface the report/event you are looking for by utilising the filters.
Click on Filters to view your saved content based on your filter criteria.
To view content saved into your company RMS, click on Company RMS in the shortcuts panel.
Your Inbox view will load all the research reports/events that have been saved by you or your colleagues. You can quickly surface the report/event you are looking for by utilising the filters.
Click on Filters to be able to view saved content based on your filter criteria.
The Visible Alpha Inbox enables you to discover a variety of events offered by your approved research providers. You can access a full list of upcoming events by clicking on the Events tab in your Inbox.
By adjusting a number of filters, you can quickly surface relevant Events. Filter by Watchlist, Event type, Location, or other parameters.
Every time you consume or rate a piece of research through the Visible Alpha Inbox, these events will be logged in the Activity Log. To access the log, click on your user record and then Activity Log.
The log will display the date of consumption, title of the report, author and given rating.
You can narrow the log by adjusting a variety of filters on the left-hand side: Date Range, Research Provider, Author and Rating.
This data can be exported to Excel by clicking on Export to CSV in the top right corner.
By selecting the Summary tab at the top, you can view analytics, including consumption by Activity Type, Analyst and Research Provider.
We are always here to help!
If you have general or technical questions about the Inbox, please contact your dedicated Client Success Manager or the Client Care team at email@example.com.