In Sprints 137 and 138, we launched our Budget module, added new data points and updated the Resource Tracking user interface.
Budget Module: Now Available
Over the past few months, we focused on building the most flexible and accurate resource tracking validation framework to capture the value of sell-side resources consumed. With the launch of our Budget module, users can allocate funds to pay for their consumed resources.
Flexible Budget Allocation
Built with the same flexibility as the valuation framework, the budget allocation tool allows:
- Firm administrators to create budget periods and allocate budget to teams or end-users,
- Firm administrators to split the budget to accommodate for fixed costs, such as research subscriptions and variable costs, such as analyst calls or model requests, and
- End-users to allocate their budget to the sell side and into more granular budget periods.
Budget vs. Resource Costs
Various visualizations are available to both firm administrators and end-users to monitor consumption against their allocated budget, including:
- Plotting budgets and resource tracking at various levels, such as firm, user, dates, and brokers.
- Tracking numbers at absolute or net levels.
- Viewing information in bar charts or trend lines.
Please contact us for a demo of this new feature.
Accounting for Attendee Status
To increase accuracy of sell side-resources consumed, Resource Tracking graphs now account for investor attendee status and any reason for cancellation. For example, no show registrants at corporate access event are considered consumed sell-side resources, but cancellations by investor attendees prior to the event are not considered sell-side consumed resources.
The Resource Tracking data pivot table now shows total rows and columns at all times. Additionally, users can sort or filter the primary variable column, as well as the totals column.
The column organizer has been updated with a cleaner user interface.
Miscellaneous Updates Added
- The ability to filter for investor office location to the “Filters” menu.
- New columns for Interaction End Dates and Attendee Statuses to the data grid.
- Firm admins can control whether or not non-admins can see their team’s interactions.