- Additional Questions
The Broker Vote application allows you to integrate your interactions data to create a flexible and customizable vote for your firm. Below is a detailed guide on how to set up your broker vote.
Log in to your account at https://oneaccess.io. If you have forgotten your password or require a password reset, follow the steps below to gain access to your account.
- Navigate to https://oneaccess.io.
- Click on Forgot Password.
- Enter your corporate email address and create a new password. A verification email will be sent to you.
- Click on the link in your verification email. This will redirect you into the ONEaccess platform.
To begin customizing your broker vote, navigate to Access & Admin and then Vote Settings in the left-hand navigation bar.
You will be guided through the following settings to complete your vote:
- Vote Period & Interactions Setup
- Ranking Types
- Groups & Users
- Standard Criteria
- Custom Criteria
Choose your broker vote period and frequency based on how often your firm conducts a broker vote.
To create a new voting period:
- Select the year from the dropdown menu
- Select the frequency of your vote (quarterly, semi-annually, annually). If the frequency is quarterly or semi-annually, you can select the vote quarter or half of the year (ex: Q1, H1, etc.).
To duplicate an existing vote set-up:
- Navigate to the bottom half of the page
- Select the prior period from the dropdown menu to duplicate that period’s settings.
Within the Broker Vote interactions set-up, you can enable interactions look-through, allowing your voters to view past interactions as they vote, and import relationships between your voters and research providers.
To enable interactions look-through:
- Select the Enable Interaction Lookthrough checkbox.
- Select the dates for which interactions should display to the voter as they vote on a particular research provider or analyst/salesperson.
- If you have set up a rate card and would like to display values by interaction to your voters, choose how these values will be displayed ($ value or points). Alternatively, select None under Default Value to display no rate.
Interactions look-through will display the relevant interactions under each standard criteria (Corporate Access, Research, and Sales) as your voters complete their vote. For example, Analyst Marketing interactions with a research provider will be displayed under the Research section of the vote only.
To enable interactions look-through on a customized basis:
- Hover over any vote component and click on the blue pencil icon that will appear on the right.
- Click into the interaction type, meeting type, or source columns to edit the types of interactions you’d like your voters to see when they vote on any component.
- Click outside of the table to save your changes automatically. To add a broker column, click on the Include Optional Broker Column checkbox above the table.
You can add custom components to this list as well to allow your voters to view particular interaction types when voting on a custom component you have created.
To import vote relationships between your voters and research providers:
- Select vote granularity based on whether your firm votes on the broker level or the individual analyst/salesperson level.
- To import a new set of vote relationships, click on Import & Replace. If you would like to maintain the current set of vote relationships that you have set up while adding any additional relationships based on interactions data, click on Import & Append.
Ranking type allows you to determine the number of points each voter has as they complete their vote.
- Type: Select how your voters will allocate their votes (points or dollars).
- Max Value/Vote/User: Select how many points/dollars each user will have for each vote cast. This is consistent across users and components (ex: 10 points allows the user to cast up to 10 points for any research provider or analyst/salesperson).
- Limited Pool: Select whether you would like to place a cap on the total number of votes cast by your voters.
- Cap Type: If you have selected an unlimited pool, you will not be able to select a cap type. If you have selected a limited pool, you can select a cap in points or percentage. A flat cap value provides your voters with a total number of points per component (ex: 100 points for corporate access, 100 points for research, etc.). A cap value in percentage provides your voters with a percentage cap based on the total number of votes that user is able to cast. Percentage cap values are useful in cases where users may have different numbers of brokers to vote on.
To select your aggregation method:
- Sum: Broker ranking is determined by straight sum of vote value received. This method is recommended for votes where voters have a uniform number of brokers to vote on. Degree of coverage is implicitly captured in ranking. Weighting of votes is not recommended for this aggregation method.
- Average: Broker ranking is determined by average of vote values received. This method is recommended for votes where voters have a non-uniform number of votes. Degree of coverage will need to be accounted for separately.
Within this section, you can select the components that will be part of your vote and upload your broker lists by component.
Each component has certain associated parameters, which you can view by clicking into Edit Vote Components.
- Contribution: Edit how much this component contributes to the overall vote (by percentage).
- Participate in Vote: Select the checkbox to allow the component to be included in the vote.
- Visible: Select the checkbox to make the component visible only to the vote admin, who may vote on behalf of the voter.
- Expose Interactions: Select the checkbox to expose interactions associated with this component to the voter.
- Locked: Select the checkbox to make the component read-only for the voter.
To add custom components to your vote:
- Click on the plus sign on the main Broker Vote Components page or click into Edit Vote Components and then Add Component.
- Name your component and complete the parameters.
To add brokers to your components, you can manually add brokers into the platform or upload a spreadsheet with your component/broker combinations.
- Manual addition: Select Edit to the right of Component Brokers. Click on Add Broker in the bottom left of the modal and select a broker from the list. Use the check boxes to select the components in which this broker should be displayed. You can add as many brokers as you’d like in this manner. When you have added all brokers, select Update.
- Upload brokers: Select Upload to the right of Component Brokers. Download the OA Broker Codes and the template from Step 1. Use the OA Broker Codes and your vote component names to populate the spreadsheet. Upload the spreadsheet back into the platform.
Teams set up in the platform for Resource Tracking will automatically become groups in the broker vote. If you would like to slice your data in multiple ways, you can set up additional groupings (by asset class, by region, etc.) within the vote.
To edit a group:
- Select Edit Group
- Make edits to the group name, group component names, and group component multipliers.
- To add another component to the group, click on Add Another Component.
To create a new group:
- Click on Add Group below all current groups.
- Create a group name, group component names, and vote multipliers for each group component.
The Users page within Broker Vote allows you to select all voters, and then associate each voter with vote components, vote groups, and vote multipliers.
To add new users:
- Manual addition: Click on Add above the table of users. Complete all information in the modal and Save.
- Upload users: To add users, click on Upload above the table of users and download the template. Complete the template with your user details and re-upload the file.
- Modify user list: Export your current list of users using the Export button above the table of users. Make any modifications to the Excel export as needed and re-upload the file into the system. Note that an uploaded file will overwrite the data in the system.
To edit user details:
- Click into any row to make edits to the user fields.
- To delete a user from the table directly, click the red X to the right of the row.
The Standard Criteria section allows you to customize your Research, Sales, and Corporate Access components.
If your firm is voting only on the broker level and you have added your brokers to your research component, select the Overall box under Broker.
If your firm is voting on the analyst level and you have imported vote relationships in the Interactions Setup, your analyst table may already be populated. You can click into any row to modify the analyst details.
To upload your analyst details, click Upload Voters above the analyst table and download the OA Broker Codes and the template. Complete the template and re-upload the file.
If your firm is voting only on the broker level and you have added your brokers to your sales component, select the Overall box under Broker.
If your firm is voting on the salesperson level and you have imported vote relationships in the Interactions Setup, your salesperson table may already be populated. You can click into any row to modify the salesperson details.
To upload your salesperson details, click Upload Voters above the salesperson table and download the OA Broker Codes and the template. Complete the template and re-upload the file.
Vote relationships for Corporate Access can be added by clicking Add Broker: Corporate Access above the table or by uploading your corporate access vote relationships.
To upload your corporate access details, click on Upload Voters above the corporate access table and download the OA Broker Codes and the template. Complete the template and re-upload the file.
The Custom Criteria section allows you to create and customize new vote components for your voters to vote on.
Within a custom component you have already created in Components, you can create criteria groups and criteria for your voters to vote on and then edit access to the brokers and voters associated with these criteria.
To add/edit a criteria group:
- Click on Edit Criteria Groups to create a new group. For example, Client Service could be added as a criteria group. Multiple criteria groups can exist within one custom component.
- Add criteria within your criteria group. For example, Asia, EMEA, and US regions could be added as criteria within the Client Service criteria group. Criteria can also be uploaded using the Upload Criteria button.
To add/edit group access:
- Click on Edit/Add Group Access.
- Within this modal, you can toggle between Broker Access and User Access.
- Select the brokers and users for access to each criteria group by using the check boxes in the table. You can also upload group access using the Upload Group Access button under Criteria Groups.
After you have configured all vote settings, use the Overview page to confirm all settings.
Use the Users tab to View Vote As any of your users to confirm the vote appears as you’d like it to and all components are configured correctly.
Under Vote Settings, you can make the following changes:
- Show Point Balance: Select whether your voters can view the total number of votes they are able to cast per component.
- Show Review Tab on Votes: Select whether your voters are able to view the Review Tab, which summarizes their vote results, before submitting.
- Allow Comments for Voters: Select whether your voters are able to submit comments while voting.
- Require Comments for Deviations: Select whether your voters are required to submit a comment when they enter a vote that deviates from the recommended vote.
Allow Add to Vote: Select whether your voters are able to add additional brokers, analysts, or salespeople to the vote.
Under Vote Actions, you can:
- Open Vote: Open the vote so the current vote is viewable to all voters. Through the platform, you can also generate an announcement directly to your voters.
- Close Vote: At the end of your vote period, close the vote to your users so they are no longer able to view the current vote.
Within Reporting, you can view the status of your current vote, export your vote results, and export internal and external vote reports.
The Vote Dashboard displays overall vote progress, vote submission status of individual voters (Not Started, In Progress, Complete, Submitted), and status of the vote on a component, group, or user basis.
To send a reminder to voters who have not completed the vote:
Select the check boxes next to those voters you would like to email or select the checkbox at the top of the table to email all voters and select Reminder. This will generate an email from your mailbox to the individuals you’ve selected.
To-reopen the vote for voters who have already submitted their votes:
Select the check boxes next to those voters whose votes need to be re-opened and select Reopen at the top of the table.
To export your vote results:
Select the checkboxes next to those voters whose votes you would like to export or select the checkbox at the top of the table to export vote results for all voters.
Please note you can also export vote results on an individual basis in the View Vote As functionality.
Internal Reporting aggregates reports in real time based on vote results as your voters submit their votes. You can view, print, and export vote reports by firm, groups, and individual users for use during internal meetings.
External Reporting aggregates reports in real time on a broker by broker basis. You can view, print, and export vote reports for use during external meetings with your brokers. Reports display to brokers their relative rank in your vote (overall and by component) and allow you to display the top and bottom analysts/salespeople based on your vote results.
For additional questions, please reach out to our Client Care team here.