- Adding and Uploading Interactions
Resource Tracking provides you and your team with a simple, easy to use, and comprehensive system to review, analyze, and value all interactions with your research providers. Below is a detailed guide on how to use and customize the Resource Tracking application for yourself or your team.
Log in to your account at https://oneaccess.io. If you have forgotten your password or require a password reset, follow the steps below to gain access to your account.
- Navigate to https://oneaccess.io.
- Click on Forgot Password.
- Enter your corporate email address and create a new password. A verification email will be sent to you.
- Click on the link in your verification email. This will redirect you into the ONEaccess platform.
Before you begin viewing and analyzing your broker reported interactions, you can customize your views.
To input your rate card into the system, navigate to Access & Admin -> Resource Tracking. Select Rate Card at the top of the page.
To begin the setup process, utilize the “Firmwide Settings” section on the right side of the page. Select the Event $ Value format in "Valuation System." You can also select whether interactions will be valued in dollars or points under “Weighting Unit.”
In this format, you can set up a rate card based on multiple factors associated with an event (ex: assign a value of $100 to a Conference meeting with a C-level executive).
Checking "User Entered" allows you to enter custom values for that interaction type. If “User Entered” is enabled, you can check “Allow Fallback,” which defaults the interaction value to the value you’ve entered in the rate card, leaving the option to override it.
You can select the calculation factor or rate type for each interaction type:
Per Day = Value is multiplied by the number of days of an event.
Per Seat = Value is multiplied by the number of investors attending an event.
Per Company = Value is multiplied by the number of companies at an event.
Per Day Per Seat = Value is determined by the number of days each investor attended of an event.
Per Company Per Seat = Value is determined by the number of companies met by each investor at an event.
For all interaction types not specified in the rate card, you can set a default value in the Firmwide Settings.
In the standard view of Review Process, you can customize which interaction and meeting type combinations are automatically rejected. Rejected interactions are sent back to your research providers’ portal and they are able to see the interactions you have rejected. In order to review all interactions prior to accepting, “Review and Release” must be enabled for your firm. You can then specify which interaction types can be automatically accepted or rejected.
To access the advanced “Review Process” settings, “Restrict Review Interactions Universe” must be enabled for your firm.
You can choose which interactions are automatically sent to Summary, which interactions are sent to Review for you and your team to accept or reject the interaction, and which interactions are automatically rejected and sent back to your research providers.
To turn on “Review and Release” or “Restrict Review Interactions Universe”, please speak with your Client Success Manager or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Custom Parameters for Incoming Interactions: Select the interactions you would like to place into Review.
Interactions to Auto Accept/Reject: Select the interactions you would like to automatically accept and reject as they are published to you by your brokers.
Default Process for Interactions: Select if interactions will be automatically accepted or rejected, if not specified elsewhere in Review Process.
Within Mappings, create custom nomenclature for your firm based on interaction and meeting types. For example, if you would like to group all 3x1, Large Group, Small Group, and Group meetings into Groups, you can create a new meeting type alias to do so.
You can create aliases based on interaction types only, meeting types only, and a combination of interaction and meeting types (interaction categories).
To access interactions that require your attention, click into the Resource Tracking > Review tab. This will allow you to review broker reported interactions before you accept them as part of your final data set. To turn this setting on, please speak with your Client Success Manager or email email@example.com.
Once you have defined the accept, reject, and review parameters, you can review any interactions sent to Review under Resource Tracking -> Review -> Broker Reported.
To accept and reject interactions, you can select Accept or Reject (as well as Accept All or Reject All) on the right-hand side of the page. When you reject an interaction, you also have the ability to add an internal comment for your team to view or an external comment that will be sent to your research provider.
Click Submit to accept or reject interactions.
Potential duplicates submitted by brokers can be found in the Duplicates tab. You can view the duplicate interaction and choose to accept or reject the interaction.
Within Investor Requested/Added, you can view all interactions added to the platform by your firm that have unconfirmed investor attendee statuses (pending, waitlisted, etc.).
Within Rejected, you can view all interactions you have previously rejected.
If “Validate Investor Roster” has been enabled for your firm, incoming interactions will be flagged for unknown investor attendees within the Roster Validation tab under Resource Tracking. In this section, you can review all investors not on your roster for which brokers have sent interactions.
- Click the plus sign next to the investor’s name to view all interactions associated with them.
- If this investor is already part of your roster, but the broker has submitted interactions under another email address, you can add the new email as a secondary email address by clicking Add to Existing.
- If this investor is not part of your roster but should be added, you can add them by clicking Create New.
- If you do not wish to view interactions for this user, you can add their email address to a list of Rejected Emails by clicking Reject.
Resource Tracking Summary displays all accepted interactions for your interactions data analysis.
Apply filters at the top of the page to your tabs across Resource Tracking Summary:
- Interaction Category: Filter your interactions data by interaction categories (corporate access, research, and any custom interaction categories you have created).
- Date Range: Select a date range to filter your interactions data further. To create a custom range of data, select More and input your dates.
- Source: Filter by broker or investor sourced data.
- Broker: Filter by particular brokers to narrow your data set.
- Team/Investor Attendee: Filter by particular teams or individual investors to narrow your data set.
- Interaction Type: Filter by interaction types or custom interaction type aliases you have created.
- Meeting Type: Filter by meeting types or custom meeting type aliases you have created.
- Advanced Settings: Click into the gear icon on the top right-hand side of the page to edit your filters further.
Utilize the Data Pivot to create pivot tables across brokers, teams, interaction types, meeting types, and other fields for an overview of how your firm is consuming interactions. Select the values for your rows and columns and click Analyze to create a new pivot table.
Utilize the Data Grid to view your interactions data. Export your data at any time by clicking Export on the top right-hand side of the page. If your file is large, the file may take a few minutes to download. You can find large file downloads in the File Manager in the left-hand navigation bar.
Overview displays your interactions data in visual formats, including table, trendline, and chart views. Toggle between these views using the options on the top right-hand side of the chart.
Within Contribution Status, you can check the status of your interactions data at any time. You can filter any of the columns in this grid using the filter buttons next to each column header. You can also send email reminders to your research providers directly through the platform if they have notification recipients or sales coverage set up for your firm.
- No File: Research provider has not uploaded a file for the data set.
- Uploaded: The research provider has uploaded a file. The published column will indicate how many interactions are published to you - in some cases, the research provider may still be correcting and reviewing the data.
- Uploaded – No Template: The research provider has uploaded a file that is being manually processed by Visible Alpha. The file will be uploaded to the platform for the research provider to correct any errors and publish data to you.
- Complete: The broker has published the necessary data to you and marked the data set as complete.
To manually add future or past interactions, click into Add New on the top right-hand side of the page within Resource Tracking Summary or Inbox.
Enter your interaction details on the form. Once Saved, future interactions can be found in Active Requests or Custom Events in the Inbox. Past interactions can be found in Resource Tracking Summary if investor attendee statuses are confirmed or Resource Tracking Review (Investor Requested/Added) if investor attendee statuses are pending.
To upload a file of interactions data your firm has collected, click into File Manager and then Uploads. Click on Upload in the top right hand corner.
Download the template and complete it with your collected interactions data. Re-upload the file when complete.